Woodstock for Big Cheese Days
Big Cheese Days are back on Saturdays in May! If you're looking to explore a bunch of stops close to each other, Woodstock is one of the wonderful stops to do that.
Discovering Woodstock for Big Cheese Days
Here's a round-up of what our Woodstock partners are doing for Big Cheese Days.
Where: Brickhouse Brewpub 190 Fairway Rd. Woodstock, ON. (View Map)
- Braised Beef Poutine & 20oz Pint for $19. Choose from 24 beers on tap.
Upper Thames Brewing Company
Where: Upper Thames Brewing Co. 225 Bysham Park Dr. #9, Woodstock, ON. (View Map)
- Prosciutto & Brigid's Brie Pizza & 20oz Pint for $20
Charles Dickens Pub
Where: Charles Dickens Pub, 505 Dundas St. Woodstock, ON. (View Map)
Open: 11:30 am - 1 am
- 100 mile Wine and Cheese Board: a showcase of Oxford's delightful cheesemakers as well as a bottle of red or white Ontario wine
Where: Habitual Chocolate, 389 Dundas St. Woodstock, ON. (View Map)
Open: 10 am - 5 pm
- Brie Ice Cream ($2.50)
- Option to add on local berry compote topping for small fee
Whisk and Roll Bakery
Where: Whisk and Roll Bakery, 600 Dundas St. Woodstock, ON. (View Map)
Open: 8 am - 2 pm
- Trio of Sweets, made from scratch with local ingredients. Try the Old Fashion Glazed Mini Donuts, Crowdie Parfait, Rhubarb Sour Cream Scone, or all three on Saturdays in May.
Where: SixThirtyNine, 639 Peel St. Woodstock, ON. (View Map)
To Note: Book a reservation in advance online.
- Vodkow Sour Cocktail (cocktail made with cheese whey from a local cheesemaker and Vodkow, an Ontario-based spirit that makes vodka by fermenting lactose from milk)
- The Award-Winning Cheese Board: a cheese board featuring a variety of local cheeses, in particular, the big award-winners
Your Farm Market
Where: Your Farm Market, 39 Young St. Woodstock, ON. (View Map)
- Pop-Up Vendors every Saturday in May from 8 am - 12 pm
- May 6: Raw Carrot
- May 13: Lidz Cinnamon Buns
- May 20: Great Canadian Honey
- May 27: Kintore Coffee
- H3 Sandwich for $5 to anyone who shows staff their Great Taste of Ontario Passport, on Saturdays in May.
Nearby Rural Stops
Just 15 minutes from Woodstock, you can check out three rural stops as well if you want to keep exploring (and eating).
Gunn's Hill Artisan Cheese
Where: Gunn's Hill Artisan Cheese, 445172 Gunn's Hill Rd. Woodstock, ON. (View Map)
Open: 9 am - 5 pm
- Tours of the cheese factory are offered at 10 am and 1:30 pm (must book in advance, stay tuned for details)
- BOGO sample plates
Greener Pastures Eco Farm
Where: Greener Pastures Eco Farm, 774766 Oxford Rd. 14, Woodstock, ON. (View Map)
- 3 pm: Farm Tour Hay Ride (book online in advance)